This is simple soup is delicious on cold winter nights and Butternut Squash is packed with Beta Carotene. This is a simple recipe with a few ingredients: Butternut Squash, Coconut Milk and Curry.The Coconut and Curry combination makes this an exotic twist to a simple recipe that makes it very warming and delicious.
1. Adding Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper and Olive Oil or Coconut Oil on Squash.
2. Bake Squash in a pan for 30 -40 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Set aside and let cool, when cool scoop out flesh with big spoon, seeds can be used and eaten later.
4. Add enough squash to fill a blender 3/4 the way full
4. Add 3/4 to 1 can of Light Coconut Milk. ( I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
5. Add Curry to Taste. Start out with 1 TBLSPN
6. When it’s a creamy rich consistency put in a pot reheat.
7. Put in beautiful bowls and Garnish with Coriander or Cilantro leaves
Note: You may have to do it in batches, since not all the Squash can fit at once in the blender. Keep tasting soup, add more or less Curry as you like. Soup can be freezed and last up to 3 months in Freezer. I like to freeze these soups and have them on hand when I’m hungry it’s a nice way to fill up on all these gorgeous vitamins and nutrients. Enjoy with some nice Ciabatta bread !